What is Dizziness?
Dizziness can be defined as the state of being unbalanced and off-balance, which causes difficulty in standing in constant position. How to stop dizziness? Usually dizziness is categorized into two forms i.e. lightheadedness and Vertigo.
Lightheadedness is referred to a situation in which the affected person may feel faintness, dizzy and headache and light headed. In worse cases, dizziness caused by lightheadedness may lead to fainting or pass out, due to extreme or sudden dizziness. In a condition of lightheadedness, one must lie down immediately as it can lower the sensation of being woozy or unbalanced.
In medical terms, vertigo is defined as a condition of dizziness in which a person may feel as the objects are moving around them. To be more precise, vertigo is most common form of dizziness which develops spinning or swaying movement, affecting sensory organs, specifically the ears and eyes.
Causes of Dizziness
It is believed that dizziness, the feeling of being off-balance is developed due to multiple factors i.e. inner ear disturbance, motion sickness and substance abuse. Apart from these medical effects and infectious conditions of ear infection, common cold or diarrhea, intermittent dizziness can be triggered in response of serious medical and health problems. The possible causes of dizziness or reasons for feeling dizzy are as under:-
- Migraine: Meniere’s diseases which involves excess build-up of fluids in your ear causing sudden dizziness that may last for long hours.
- Problems in blood circulation
- Medications i.e. Heavy dose of anti-depressants or sedatives
- Diabetes : Low blood sugar can result in dizziness or lightheadedness, accompanied by sweating and anxiety
- Dehydration: Lack of water consumption can trigger hyperthermia (a form of dehydration due to overheating) which causes dizziness and nausea light headed.
Although dizziness is not serious disease but it affects the general health of affected individuals. Dizziness is considered a symptom of various mental and health disorders, so it is mandatory to be treated at right time to stop dizziness and repeated and sudden episodes of lightheadedness and loss of balance, developed by intermittent dizziness.
Home Remedies For Dizziness
Here we have listed the Top 16 Home remedies for dizziness and spinning head in natural way. No need to stuff up your stomach with heavy medicines and irritate the immune system to worsen the situation of dehydration and nausea. Now you will find the answer of this questions: How to Stop Dizziness and fatigue? So the following 16 natural remedies for dizziness will help you to stop dizziness and sense of disequilibrium in minutes.So let’s begin the promising and tested home remedies for dizziness.
1. Eat Carbohydrate-rich Food to Stop Dizziness
The very first step to stop dizziness is that you must grab something to eat while feeling dizziness. As it is told that dizziness and woozy sensations are raised when your body is experiencing low sugar level. You can eat fruits or food, which are rich in fruit. Eating the Carbohydrate-rich food are effective home remedies for dizziness. Recommended foods to eat to get rid of dizziness right away include banana, mangoes, grapes, yams and sweet potatoes. As a matter of fact, there is a long list of food blessed with high amount of natural carbohydrates, so you cannot feel helpless or confused while your world is spinning due to dizziness.
2. How to Stop Dizziness by Drinking Water?
For an average human being, doctors suggest consuming 12 glass of water per day and the amount of water intake should be increased in response of hot water. Basically water regulates body temperature and plays a vital role in blood circulation to buffer body’s pH, circulating antibodies from the immune system, and regulating osmotic balance. So as the water consumption does not reach to the required portion, the human body dehydrates. And according to American Heart Association, even minor dehydration can cause serious dizziness due to low blood pressure.
To prevent intermittent dizziness and control the off-balance feeling, drink at least 12 glass of water per day. Drinking water is one of the best remedy among the home remedies for dizziness.
3. How to Stop Dizziness with Ginger?
Ginger is being used to treat motion sickness and nausea from centuries, as it is believed to promote blood flow.Ginger helps to control nausea which is usually accompanied with dizziness. To get rid of dizziness, ginger tea can be used to alleviate the feeling of nausea.
How to Stop Dizziness by using the ginger tea?
- Take fresh chopped ginger (1 tablespoon)• Boil a cup of water and add chopped ginger in it
- Leave it for 10 minutes to cool down
- Drink it 3 times a day
- Ginger ale, powdered ginger or ginger capsules can also be used for dizziness treatment
4. How to stop dizziness with Yogurt?
Yogurt does not only boost the strength of your immune system but it miraculously hydrates the body to prevent dizziness. All you need is to eat a bowl of yogurt while feeling low and dizzy during lightheadedness or dizziness. Yogurt can be used with chopped fruits and there is nothing wrong to eat it 3 times a day on regular basis. Yogurt is very effective home remedy for dizziness.
5. How to Stop Dizziness with Apple Cider Vinegar?
It is known that dizziness is developed due to poor blood circulation and low blood pressure. To get rid of dizziness, usage of apple cider vinegar can help you to combat dizzy and woozy feelings as it aid digestion, which then impacts blood glucose levels, insulin release and metabolism. All you need is to mix one table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water! (You can use it 3-4 times a day)Be cautious of heavy dose of apple cider vinegar as it depletes iodine levels in your body and put you at risk for hypothyroidism, low blood pressure or low thyroid function. Using the Apple Cider Vinegar is also one of the best remedy among the home remedies for dizziness.
6. How to Stop Dizziness with Honey?
Honey contains natural sugars which directly help to boost energy level of human body and it can be used to treat dizziness in minutes.
How to Stop Dizziness and headache and light headed by using the honey?
- You can add one table spoon of honey and one table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. You can use this solution for 2 times a day
- You can also add one table spoon of honey and half lemon in a glass of water to boost energy and regulate blood flow too, to stop intermittent dizziness right away.
7. How to Stop Dizziness with Ginkgo Biloba?
According to a clinical study published in 2005 in “Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine,” Ginkgo Biloba, a living fossil, with an ancestry tracing back more than 200 million years to the Permian geologic period, is believed to have magical effects in reducing dizziness in affected individuals. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of Ginkgo Biloba helps in increasing blood circulation to the brain and treat dizziness related to vestibular dysfunction, a balance problem originating in the inner ear.
How to Stop Dizziness by using the Gingko Biloba?
- Take 120 to 150 mg of ginkgo biloba extract divided three times daily for a few weeks
- In markets liquid extract, tablet, and dried leaf form of Ginkgo Biloba is available.
- Gingko Biloba often takes 4 to 6 weeks to notice the initial benefits
8. How to Stop Dizziness with Indian Gooseberry?
Indian Gooseberry is known for herbal properties as it is been used as Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, especially in the Middle East. Indian Gooseberry is an effective remedy for dizziness and comes in the list of home remedies for dizziness. Amla or Indian Gooseberry reduces total cholesterol levels, including the fatty acids called triglycerides, without affecting levels of the “good cholesterol”, ultimately curing “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), diabetes, pain and swelling of the pancreas. As it helps to control cholesterol, it treats dizziness and nausea.
How to Stop Dizziness and Headaches with Indian Gooseberry (Amla)?
- Take 2 Indian Gooseberry and grind it to make paste
- Add it in a warm glass of water
- Leave it overnight and drink the tonic every day to stop dizziness and woozy feeling.
9. How to Stop Dizziness by using the Nutmeg Powder and Cumin Seed Powder?
Nutmeg powder is known for having antioxidant properties and several vital minerals i.e. Vitamin C, riboflavin, beta-carotene and niacin, etc. And the iron in cumin seeds help to fill up immune system with energy, so a combination of both nutmeg powder and cumin seed powder in an effective cure for dizziness treatment. You can add one table spoon of each to consume it with a glass of water or you can add the equal portion of both in smoothies. For the boosting energy, you can use it 3 times a day to stop dizziness because of low sugar and low blood pressure.
10. How to Stop Dizziness with Basil leaves and milk?
In French culture, basil leaves are considered as royal herb while Jews believe it to be the magical herb for providing strength while fasting. As it contains aromatherapy properties for possessing light, spicy and sweet smell, it is used for aromatherapy remedy to treat dizziness.
How to Stop Dizziness with Basil leaves and milk?
- Take 3-5 leaves of basil to boil it in a glass of milk
- Then you are supposed to inhale the aroma of tonic and drink it before going to bed
- Repeat the process for 2-3 weeks to stop dizziness for once and all.
11. How to Stop Dizziness with Deep Breathing?
Dizziness can also occur to raise woozy sensations while you are excising hard and the abnormal rapid breathing disrupts the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your body. Hyperventilation (rapid breathing) may be triggered due to unexpected shock or trauma and it ultimately cause sudden dizziness. The only simple way to treat sudden dizziness is to breathe deeply by placing thumb of one hand to block one nostril and place the other hand over abdomen to allow maximum inhalation of air inside the body. Deep breathing relieves gases and blood flow in your body to get rid of dizziness right away.
12. Lemon Water For Dizziness and Nausea
To get rid of dizziness and nausea, which is usually accompanied by lightheadedness, lemon water can be consumed as lemons are loaded with several natural energizing agent and Vitamin C. Lemon is the natural treatment for dizziness. Lemon can provide energy to boost immune system and hydrates your body to get rid of dizziness in minutes.
You are just supposed to squeeze half of lemon into a glass of water and drink it several times to treat dizziness and nausea immediately. (You can add a pink of milk and black pepper in case of low blood pressure).
13. Have A Healthy Diet to Stop Dizziness
Maintaining a healthy diet and eating food rich in Vitamin C (lemons, oranges, spinach etc) and iron and fiber rich foods i.e. lentils, cereals, dates, almonds etc can play a vital role to boost high energy and general health. Dizziness is usually caused due to low blood pressure and sugar level and it can be treated by maintaining a healthy diet of proteins and carbohydrates. Fatty and Oily Stuff should be avoided as it can increase the cholesterol level of your body to make you patient of various heart diseases.
14. How to Stop Dizziness with Feverfew?
To stop dizziness and combat weakness and unsteadiness, feverfew (the natural native herb of Eastern Europe) can be used to treat lightheadedness and vertigo. According to National Center For Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), feverfew remarks high rate of success in dealing dizziness, headaches and nausea.Basically the natural chemical Parthenolide in feverfew treats migraine headaches to stop dizziness and it can be used to 125 milligrams (in dried leaves form).
How to Stop Dizziness and Headaches by using the feverfew?
- You can eat fresh leaves of feverfew
- You can also make tea by adding 1 teaspoon of dried feverfew and peppermint leaves of each in a cup of water
- Let it boil for few minutes and drink this tea 3-5times a day to treat dizziness and headaches forever
- Note: Pregnant women should not use feverfew as it regulates uterine contractions
15. How to Stop Dizziness by using the Peppermint Oil?
For treating spinning sensation due to dizziness, peppermint oil can be used as it effectively helps to stop headaches, motion sickness, dizziness and nausea. Peppermint helps to regulate blood circulation and oxygen towards the brain. All you need is few drops of peppermint oil over the back of neck and forehead to massage it gently. And this will show magical results by relieving headaches and dizziness in a snap.Peppermint oil is an effective home treatment for dizziness.
16. How to Stop Dizziness with Salt and Mustard Seeds?
To boost blood circulation and eliminate the risk of low blood pressure causing intermittent dizziness, salt and mustard seeds solution is effective home remedy for dizziness and disequilibrium. Mustard seeds and salt stimulate blood circulation as both contains Vitamin A, C, K , Carotenes and minerals and Sodium respectively.
What to do with salt and mustard seeds to get rid of dizziness?
- Take one teaspoon of mustard seeds, salt and vinegar.
- Add equal portions of each in a glass of water with a pinch of black pepper to stop dizziness and say good bye to off-balance episodes.
Don’t Miss to Read the Following Featured Home Remedies:
- 20 Effective Home Remedies for Loose Motion
- How to Get Rid of Heartburn Fast Naturally?
- How to Get Rid of Stomach Gas? 15 Powerful Tips
Watch the following video for the above written article “How to Stop Dizziness? Top 16 Home Remedies for Dizziness”!