Loose motion can be considered as frequent passage of stools, means you might have watery stools that occur more often than usual. Basically, loose motion is not any serious disease, it is also known as Diarrhea. It usually occurs due to bacterial or viral infection.
No doubt, loose motion is one of the common ailment and this problem generates when the food and fluids taken passes too quickly or in too large amount (along with watery state) through the colon.
Causes of Loose Motion
Loose motion can be caused due to consumption of too much spicy food or drastic change in diet. Loose motion can be acute or chronic. Acute loose motion lasts up to 1 or 3 days, whereas chronic loose motion lasts longer than 2 weeks.
An average person may get diarrhea or loose motion 3 to 5 times a year, on the other hand, children under age of 5 might experience loose motion for 1 to 3 times every year.
The most problematic thing about loose motion is, it come along with stomach pain and loose stools, light fever, vomiting and nausea. But there is nothing to worry about mild loose motion if it last for 3 days. Loose motion can be treats with natural home remedies for bloating in stomach and diarrhea and if they lasts longer than 1 day, you should consider it a good option to explore how to stop loose stools or how to get rid of watery diarrhea at home in few minutes. Narrating the 20 Effective Home Remedies For Loose Motion, which would be 100% safe and effective to get rid of loose stools or loose motion.
1. Organic Milk with Lemon Drops
Best homemade remedy for upset stomach and loose motion if to prepare a mixture of cold milk (organic milk) and lemon to cure loose motion right away.
- You may need a cup of cold milk (organic milk)
- Squeeze half of the lemon into milk
That’s it!You are supposed to drink the mixture instantly. They won’t be any side effects of this mixture. You must drink this mixture as soon as as possible as the milk will start to lose its fat, right after the lemon drops are released into it. 3 cups of this mixture (cold milk and lemon drops) would be enough to stop loose motion but you can take up to 5 cups on regular intervals and before going to bed to get rid of loose motion.
Carrot is rich in pectin, which really helps to soak up the excess water in the body. Carrots can be considered as natural medicine for loose motion. To stop loose motion, you can make fresh juice of carrots and drink it several times in a day to get rid of loose stools.
3. Banana for Loose Motion
Banana for loose motion is a very effective home remedy. Bananas with a cup of curd is the most reliable home remedy to stop loose motion instantly. You can eat a full banana too; the starch and pulp of banana bind the stools to stop loose motion. And if banana is taken with a cup of curd, the friendly bacteria in curd produce lactic acid that fights against bad bacteria and kill the infection. Nothing can be simple than eating a banana to get rid of loose motion. Banana is the best remedy for upset stomach and diarrhea.
Pomegranate can be used as natural loose motion medicine as it naturally helps to stop loose motion effectively.
- You must eat two fruits (pomegranate) a day to get rid of loose motion or loose stool (i.e the best way to get rid of diarrhea instantly).
- You can drink a glass of pomegranate juice at least three times a day. Pomegranate is the best homemade medicine for diarrhea.
- For the immediate loose motion home remedy, pomegranate leaves can be boiled in a glass of water on low flame, until the water comes to half level. Drink this natural loose motion medicine 2-3 times a day for an effective loose motion treatment.
Lemonade would be the best idea to clean your stomach. Its anti-inflammatory properties settle stomach issues and help you to get rid of loose motion. Lemonade is being used for many decades as loose motion and loose bowel movement medicine.
- Get a glass of water
- Add a pinch of salt and one table spoon sugar in it
- Extract the lemon juice and add it in the glass of water
- You are done! You can have lemonade several times a day, it will flush out the toxins from your body to help you stop loose stools.
Cinnamon contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help to flush out the harmful bacteria and clean your loose stomach, stomach pain and loose stools. It would be the best way to use cinnamon as loose bowel movement medicine, to make you feel better right away.
- Add one table spoon of cinnamon powder and half table spoon of freshly chopped ginger in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover it and steep for 30 minutes
- You are supposed to drink this tea 2-3 times a day; it will stimulate the digestive enzymes that help move things smoothly along the digestive tract.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Loose Motion
Apple Cider Vinegar contains high pectin content that soothes the irritated colon. It is one of the best loose motion home remedy. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be used as a medicine to get rid of stomach gas and heartburn.
- Take a glass of Luke warm water, add the 1 to 2 table spoon of apple cider vinegar in it.
- You can add a little honey (optional)
- You must drink it 2-3 times a day as a medicine for loose motion
- Apple cider vinegar will help to maintain the pH level of your stomach and get rid of abdominal pain and nausea right away.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek Seeds contain high mucilage content, which helps to bind up the stool to stop loose stools and help you get rid of loose motion.
- Take half cup of fenugreek seeds and a cup of yogurt
- Mix them well and eat it throughout the day.
The Mucilage, which is gluey gelatinous secretion from plants, will help bulk up the stools to stop loose motion.
9. Eat Starch Rich Food
It is completely understood that you might not feel eating being affected with loose motion. But you must refuel your body to avoid fever and headache. One must eat food rich in starch as it add weight to your stool and your body absorb the required nutrients from starchy food more easily. The best starch rich foods for loose motion treatment are:
- Precooked white rice
- Boiled potato
- Cooked carrots
- French bread
- Whole wheat pasta
- Green peas
- Green bananas
- Kidney beans
10. Guava for Loose Motion Treatment
Guava contains disinfectant and antibacterial properties that fight against bad bacteria inside your stomach. You must eat 1-2 fruits of guava; it will help you lower the abdominal pain and nausea, aroused by loose motion. Apart from antibacterial properties, guava is highly rich in astringent compound that bulk up the loose stools and help to stop loose motion.
11. Mustard Seeds to Stop Loose Motion
Loose motion may cause bloating and abdominal pain which no one can stand for longer. You must consider mustard seeds as the most effective loose motion medicine as it contains certain antibacterial properties that will be effective in treating loose stools.
- Roast a table spoon of mustard seeds in a pan
- Add a glass of water in it when the seeds start to crackle.
- Allow the mixture to boil for few minutes
- Strain the liquid and add a little honey (optional)
You must take this tonic as medicine for loose motion for 2-3 times to stop loose stools instantly.
12. Ginger Tea: Very Effective Loose Motion Remedy
Ginger is believed to possess several health benefits as it helps in digestion, decreases food stagnation and strengthens your stomach. No doubt, it is a miracle spice for treating loose motion for being rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to sooth the stomach walls, cleanse colon and helps in releasing intestinal gases. Ginger Tea is one of the best remedies for loose stomach pain and best cure for stomach ache. Ginger Tea is also very effective for pregnant women to get rid of low blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Take a table spoon, full of ginger mince.
- Add it in a cup of water.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- You must drink this ginger tea 2-3 times a day.
Drinking ginger as medicine for loose motion helps to stop loose stools and enhance your digestion.
13. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is a miracle herb that calms an upset stomach. It is believed that Chamomile avoids gastrointestinal aggravation and lowers the stomach cramps. Chamomile contains antispasmodic properties that heal the intestinal tract and pacify the inflammation of the intestine. To get rid of loose stools and abdominal pain, you just need to drink chamomile tea.
- Get a cup of water and add 1 teaspoon each of dried chamomile flower and peppermint leaves in it.
- Allow it boil for 2 -3 minutes and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the chamomile tea at least 3 times a day.
Chamomile tea is really an amazing and soothing tea and effective medicine for loose motion and natural cures for diarrhea in adults. Children might not light the strong taste of it but it can be used with little as a Medicine for loose motion. Chamomile tea is also effective to get rid of morning sickness during pregnancy.
14. Lemon and Salt
Lemon and salt water is the effective and easy among the home remedies for loose motion (household remedies for diarrhea). Lemon contains anti-bacterial properties that allow it to act as blood purifier and a cleansing agent. Lemon drops really help in digestion and breaks fever by increasing perspiration.
You do not any need big jars and master-chef kitchen to make a tonic.
- Get a glass of water
- Add a pinch of salt in it
- Stir it well and drink it
- You must drink it for 3 or several times a day to stop loose stools instantly.
15. Turmeric Stops Loose Motion
Turmeric is considered as the most powerful herb and spice on the planet and it is really renowned for possessing Curcumin-the powerful healing compound. The curcumin compound is an effective anti-oxidant that makes turmeric a rich anti-inflammatory spice. Turmeric is believed to treat the irritable bowel syndrome (chronic loose bowels) , reduces inflammation of the intestine and fight against the bacteria causing infection. Turmeric is the best home remedy for stomach ache and diarrhea.
- Take a glass of warm water and add half table spoon of turmeric
- Stir it well and drink it immediately as turmeric tend to settle on the bottom very quickly
- You must drink it 2-3 times as loose motion medicine to stop loose stools
- You can add the same amount of turmeric in a warm glass of milk too and drink it several times a day (Not more than 5 times)
16. Yogurt : Must use to Stop Loose Motion Fast
The nutrient fact lists of yogurt might get very long. Yogurt is believed to have good bacteria ‘probiotics’ and it literally helps to adjust mircoflora (the natural balance of organisms) in the intestines.
According to study of Cochrane Database of Systematic Review, 2010;
“When used alongside rehydration therapy, probiotics have beneficial effects in shortening the duration and reducing stool frequency in acute infectious diarrhea.”
You can eat 2-3 cups of yogurt a day to get rid of loose stools as yogurt will soothe digestive tract for better digestion and save you from dehydration. Yogurt gives a quick relief from diarrhea.
17. Bitter Gourd
Yes! Bitter Gourd. It can be bitter but the bitter gourd juice really hydrates your body and stops the loose stools.
- Take two bitter gourds and extract the juice in a glass.
- Add a pinch of salt in it
- Drink it 2 times a day as a loose motion tablet
The bitter gourd juice will replace the lost fluids to restore the water loss in your body and may boost your chances to get rid of watery stools (loose stools) in a day.
18. Eat More Fruits to Stop Loose Motion Fast
Loose motion may make you feel low due to dehydration as when the water level lowers down; you may faint or feel dizzy. To stop loose motion fast and get control of your condition, you must eat lots of fruits rich in carbohydrates to maintain the glucose level and electrolytes in your body.
19. Strawberries and Yogurt
What can be better than eating strawberries to get rid of loose stools. Strawberries bulk up the loose motion and may help you feel fuller and energetic. You can make juice of strawberries with cold milk (organic) or add it in a cup of yogurt. Strawberries as loose motion medicine won’t make you feel sick anyway.
20. Get Rest
You must know that our body has its own system to heal in time. You should not make hard plans when you are experiencing loose motion as you may feel low and irritated being helpless. You should take rest for a day and implement the above listed home remedies for loose motion or home remedies for watery diarrhea.
What to Avoid To Stop Loose Motion?
- Dietary products i.e. milk, cheese and ice-cream should not be in your meal list.
- Over eating
- Caffeine and alcohol-coffee, tea and beverages.
- Vegetables that might cause gas and worsen the situation i.e. cabbage, beans, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Fried and oily food which may further accelerate nausea and vomiting and indigestion.
Here are a few Hand-picked Home Remedies for You to Read Next:-
- How to Get Rid of Stomach Gas? 15 Powerful Tips
- How to Get Rid of A Sore Throat Quickly? 15 Best Ways
- How to Stop Dizziness? Top 16 Home Remedies for Dizziness