Have you ever experienced an awkward situation of getting caught with flakes coming out of your head? What can be more embarrassing than white flakes of dead skin cells on your shoulders? Well it is right time for you to get rid of dandruff (the white flakes) with coconut oil right away to avoid a flaky showdown, which is responsible of fear of embarrassment and damages social life eventually. Is coconut oil good for dandruff or does coconut oil help dandruff? To get the answer of these questions, please continue reading the following 10 best ways to use coconut oil for dandruff treatment.
What is dandruff?
In medical terms, dandruff is considered as a common scalp disorder, which involves shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. It’s been affecting half of the population around the world as the release of these white flakes from the scalp often become chronicle accompanied by several physical and environmental factors.
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff is believed to be caused by different factors. No doubt, it is not contagious and harmful for people but dandruff affects social life and self-esteem of many people. Following are the most common dandruff causes which results in a condition of tingly feeling over the scalp and often generates red and greasy patches of skin;
1. Seborrheic Dermatitis and Dandruff
Serborrheic dermatitis is a common skin disease, which is linked with red and itchy rash over the scalp. This chronic skin condition of flaky scales is caused by certain factors of sebaceous secretions, skin surface fungal colonization and individual susceptibility.
During this not happening scalp condition, Malassezia (a yeast-like fungus that usually lives over the scalp) feeds on the oil secretions and often worsen the situation by making the scalp overactive and produce more skin cells over the scalp. The over production of skin cells eventually die and fall off as white flakes of dead skin along with oils of scalp and hair.
2. Shampooing Too Much Or Not
It is believed that frequent shampooing of hair strips off the essential oils of scalp, making it dry and patchy, which ultimately results in fall out of extra dead skin cells in form of white dust (dandruff). On the other note, it is also suggested that, less use of shampoo can also trigger the conditions of dandruff as build-up of oils/sebum or sweat on the scalp can result into dandruff too.
3. Hair Products (Serums and Styling Products)
You might have noticed that the styling products for straightening and curling the hair, are making your hair look oilier day by day. Well you must know that these products of thick pomades or certain oils can potentially worsen dandruff as these styling products (styling gels and mousses) can build up on your hair and scalp and cause oiliness.
4. Poor Diet
According to some experts, excessive intake of sugar and fatty food can trigger the output of oil. Moreover, deficiency of with two essential nutrients– vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and zinc can lead to generation of dandruff too.
5. Dry Skin
It is totally understood that some people have dry skin, of skin and scalp. And the season changes from summer to winter, our skin and scalp often become dry more than usual. Dryness of scalp triggers the cause of dandruff but flakes from dry skin are usually smaller and less oily than flakes from dandruff. Dandruff is not considered a serious in medical terms, but as it damages the social interactions, it should be controlled as soon as possible with right and effective tactics. Here we have briefly listed the 10 Best Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Dandruff to combat dandruff causing irritation and itching problems in millions of people.
Why Coconut Oil Is Epic For Dandruff And Hair Growth?
Surprisingly the white flakes of dandruff is affecting 50% of world population, leaving them scratching their heads due to dryness or making them appear as wet dog due to over production of sebaceous oils over the scalp. To treat dandruff and hair loss caused by dandruff, you must not rush to the drugstores, as the dandruff shampoos may disturb your annual budgets or worsen the condition of your dry scalps. Coconut oil hair treatment is the only way to get rid of dandruff in a natural and effective way along with its sweet smell and natural ingredients leaving your hair look long and dandruff free.
Coconut oil treatment for dandruff is very effective and really coconut oil good for dandruff. Coconut oil is being used as a natural hair and skin moisturizer from many centuries. Coconut oil was used by ancient people as an effective cure to wipe out dandruff and prevent hair loss. Coconut oil is naturally loaded with multiple health benefits of hair and skin. As it is known that coconut oil is extracted from the flesh of mature coconuts, it contains high saturated fat contents and vitamin E and vitamin B. All these constituents of coconut oil i.e. chain of fatty acids and vitamin E makes it best remedy for dandruff and hair growth. Apart from moisturizing the hair to combat dandruff and hair loss coconut oil contains many anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties. Its antioxidant property helps to fight against the fungus over the scalp and heals the dry patches too.
Moreover, coconut oil is believed to possess magical properties to prevent ageing, muscular degeneration, and whitening of hair and skin sagging. That is the reason, coconut oil is considered as auspicious oil in India to keep hair black, preventing whitening of hair and hair loss. Treating dandruff with coconut oil is effective home remedy.
Following are the best usage of coconut oil that literally prevents peeling off the skin over the scalp, causing white dusk to shed off in excess amount, by keeping the scalp moisturize and smoother to boost hair growth.
10 Best Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Dandruff
Let’s get started with 10 Best Ways To Use Coconut Oil For dandruff.
1. Application of Coconut Oil (as it is)
The simplest way to get rid of dandruff with coconut oil hair treatment is to get the pure or organic coconut oil. Unbelievably, coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles and boosts your hair growth.
How To Use Coconut Oil For dandruff and hair growth?
- Take the organic coconut oil, the best oil for hair.
- Warm it for few seconds in a micro-wave oven (30-60seconds)
- Apply the warm coconut oil to the scalp and tips of hair and leave it for an hour
- Wrap your head with towel as it will allow your scalp to absorb maximum oil
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo, with less or no traces of sulphates as they trigger dryness.
2. Use Lemon Juice with Coconut Oil for Dandruff?
Lemon is naturally blessed with magical ingredients i.e. Vitamin C and Folic Acid. You won’t believe that lemon juice was used by princess and queens of ancient time for silky and long hair. But as it is very strong and acidic in nature, it should be use in association of other useful products. Coconut oil and lemon juice is a blessing for people having dandrif problem, as this mixture helps to get rid of dandruff in a day. Coconut oil and lemon mixture is best for hair as coconut oil moisturize the scalp and lemon containing vitamin C and folic acid makes the hair strong and dandruff free by strengthening hair follicles. Lemon Juice is also used for treatment of low blood pressure during pregnancy. Now read how to use coconut oil for dandruff treatment?
- Take 4 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix the well and apply the mixture over the scalp for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo.
3. Coconut Oil and Avocado hair mask
Avocados are loaded with proteins, vitamin and amino acids that are directly involve boosting the hair growth. Moreover it soothes the dry scalp to prevent hair loss. This mixture of coconut oil and avocados will nourish the dry and frizzy hair in few minutes. How to use coconut oil for dandruff and hair loss?
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, the best oil for hair.
- Then you need 4 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of avocado pulp
- Grind the avocado pulp to make it smooth puree and mix the coconut oil and milk in it
- Apply this mixture over your head as a mask for 15-20 minutes
- Wash your hair with Luke warm water and wash out the entire avocado residue to apply regular shampoo.
4. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil
The most effective way to use coconut oil for dandruff and hair growth, make a mixture of coconut oil and aloe Vera as it will make the hair long and shiny by adding a lot of moisturizer to the scalp that will also help the scalp to combat with dryness of dandrif. Aloe Vera Juice for heartburn is being used for medicine purposes and beautification since Egyptian tomes. How to use coconut oil for dandruff treatment and hair growth?
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera
- Mix them well and apply this gel to the scalp and tips of hair for an hour
- Wash it with warm water and this will make your hair glossy and dandruff free in weeks.
5. Coconut Oil and Yogurt
For the deep conditioning and smoothing the scalp, coconut oil can be used with yogurt. As yogurt contains lactic acid which cleanses the scalp and the protein content of yogurt strengthens the hair to nourish naturally. Coconut oil and yogurt is like real feast for dry scalp as it blesses the proteins and fats to fight against dryness and fungal activities. How to use coconut oil and yogurt for dandruff and hair growth?
- Take 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- And 2 tablespoon of yogurt
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil (optional but it provides strength to hair follicles and add body to the hairs)
- Mix them well and apply the mixture over scalp
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Wash your hair with cool water and regular shampoo.
6. Coconut oil and honey
Coconut oil is effectively used for dandruff and hair growth. But if it is used with a little honey, you may leave with a shock of tremendously shiny and long hair. How to make honey and coconut oil hair mask for hair growth and get rid of dandruff?
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and 4 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Put them both in a pan and make them melt over the stove
- Let the mixture cool and massage your hair for 20 minutes with fingers.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo to get rid of dandruff as soon as possible.
7. Coconut oil and fenugreek seeds
In Indian communities, fenugreek seeds are highly recommended for dandruff as they contain anti-fungal properties. Moreover it helps to soothe the scalp to get rid of dandruff and irritation caused by dandruff dryness. Coconut oil, the best hair oil with fenugreek seeds is the best coconut oil treatment for dandruff and hair loss. Learn how to use coconut oil for dandruff and hair growth?
- Take 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and 4 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Let it simmer them in a frying pan for 5 minutes over the store
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- Apply it over the scalp for an hour
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo
8. Coconut Oil with rosemary oil and tea tree oil
Rosemary oil and tea tree oil are believed to possess anti-dandruff properties. So they can be used with coconut oil as its fatty acids allow the scalp to moisturize and get rid of dandruff and hair loss within few weeks. How To use these oils?
- Take a quarter cup of coconut oil
- Add 2-4 drops of tea tree oil
- And 3-6 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Stir it well and massage it over your scalp. It will leave your hair with sweet smell of oils
- Let the oils to sit over the scalp for an hour
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo.
9. Coconut Oil and Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is different from oregano spice which is used for cooking purposes. Oregano oil is a topical agent which heals the skin and affected area. Moreover oregano oil is best to treat fungal and bacterial growth, and as it contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, oregano oil helps to sooth the dryness of scalp and soothes it to prevent the production of excess dry skin cells. How to use coconut oil and oregano oil for dandruff?
- Take 1 tablespoon of oregano oil and 4 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix them well and apply this mixture over the scalp, starting from hair roots.
- Massage it for 5-10 minutes and then you can wash your hair with mild shampoo Note: You must not apply oregano oil directly in to the scalp as it can burn the skin instantly.
10. Coconut Oil and apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and this is the natural way to get rid of dandruff. Moreover it stimulates blood circulation to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. Coconut oil with apple cider vinegar will help your hair to get rid of dandruff and hair loss by preventing split ends and breakage. Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil is very effective dandruff home remedy. How to use coconut oil and apple cider vinegar for hair growth?
- Apply coconut oil (as required) over the scalp
- Let it sit for an hour to moisturize the scalp
- Take a cup of apple cider vinegar
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo to wash out the coconut oil
- Then pour the apple vinegar over your scalp slowly
- Massage your hair with apple cider vinegar for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool water
To get rid of dryness and boost your hair growth, you must choose the pure coconut oil to get desired results within weeks. The above mentioned dandruff remedies are the natural ways to get rid of dandruff. Each remedy of coconut oil hair treatment should be repeated for 2 times in a week as it will help you to combat the dryness and itchy feeling of scalp. Apple Cider Vinegar can be used to get rid of pimples and acne.
Don’t Miss the Following Articles on Beauty Tips:
Now watch the following video about 10 Best Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Dandruff.